15 week puppy not consumption his later spread.?
Well, he ate his first meal in the morning at 6:00am. Then he ate all of his 2nd feast at 12:30pm, then at 6:00pm I made him smell the food and everything, but he still doesn't want to eat. He is active and is fine. I made him smell a banana slice and he jump out from the sofa to get it. He just doesnt want to eat his dog food. After 15 mins I picked up his bowl. Should I dawdle and try again later on? If so how long?
I took him out for 2 walks, to play around in the snow after his 2nd dinnertime. So I don't get why he isn't hungry?
So Should I wait to give try and offer his last meal? and what if he doesn't chomp through it at that time? Should I just skip it?
any suggestions? (We are pure vegetarian, so we don't cook meat in our house and we don't nurture him table scraps).
I feed him, Wellness puppy food and Wellness Lamb food. I mix the two for some different taste.
Just leave the food in that, if he's hungry enough he will eat.
If he go a whole day without consumption, call the vet.
My 15 week golden have the same thing.. she had an upset stomach. we don't nurture her table scraps either, but there's a lot of things that can clear a dog have an upset stomach.. deer poo, mulch, bugs, etc. if he's not eating much for the subsequent few meals, take him to a vet. they will likely prescribe a "bland food," which will help out his upset stomach get better. also, your puppy not eating may be followed by diarrhea/vomiting, so watch out. nil too serious, you should take him to a vet though.
He has have two meals today so I wouldn't be too concerned yet. Sometimes cold food (straight from the fridge) can bother a puppy's tummy; So, try warm up his meal so that it's room temperature (not too hot). You can do this by pouring hot water over it and letting it sit for a few minutes - this will also verbs it up for him. Warming his meal will also bring out all the smells in the food and may trigger him to drink.
If he doesn't eat his breakfast tommorow morning I would take him to the vet, because it might be something more serious.